Unincorporated Associations

Brooklyn Coop will allow informal associations to open business savings accounts. Often these types of accounts are used by church clubs, PTAs, or tenants wishing to escrow their rent.

Minimum Required Documents To Open a Business Account for Association, Organization, Clubs

  • Organization Resolution: a letter authorizing the opening of an account, listing the signers of the account, and signed by the governing member(s). *Governing members who will not be present at account opening should have their signatures notarized.
  • Government Issued Photo ID and SS card/ITIN letter for all signers of the account
  • IRS issued EIN for the organization
  • A piece of mail as proof of address